Vision and Mission
The Office of the Special Adviser on Africa (OSAA) strives for coordinated, effective and sustained UN and international support for Africa’s transformative efforts for inclusive sustainable peace, security, socioeconomic development and justice for all in the continent.
OSAA's mission is to:
- advocate for,
- monitor, and
traditional and innovative efforts and mechanisms for sustained UN and international support and commitments to Africa's transformative agenda in the areas of:
- good governance, and
- human rights and fundamental freedoms,
as encompassed in:
- the African Union’s Agenda 2063,
- the New Partnership for Africa's Development (NEPAD),
- the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and
- other relevant instruments.
In doing so, OSAA:
- initiates and coordinates reports on issues of critical importance to Africa, and
- works towards ensuring complementarity between African Common positions and others in global processes, towards achieving the aspirations of the African people.