Above the usually busy buzz of conversation, three large frescoes peer down from the three un-windowed walls.
Created by the Swiss artist Karl Otto Hügin, they depict scenes from Swiss history combined with moral and religious themes. The biblical figures of the Good Samaritan, the Good Shepherd, St. George and St. Martin are particularly striking.
The room’s interior was given to the League of Nations by Switzerland in 1937, since when it has continued to be one of the most popular and well-used rooms in the Palais.
Before it was converted into a Delegates’ Lounge in 1963, the room was for a time known as the “Music Room”. In 2004, Switzerland had the frescoes renovated.