Important note: Due to space constraints, this event is open to attendees with UN grounds passes who have pre-registered online.
The VNR Lab on “Mobilizing Resources for the SDGs” will reflect on how the VNRs could help to mobilize resources and investments in support of SDG implementation, with particular emphasis on SDG 17 (partnerships for the Goals). Selected countries will share their experiences in developing national financing frameworks and investment strategies that are aligned with the SDGs.
The VNR Lab series comprises eight informal reflection sessions held in New York during the ministerial segment of the High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development from 16 to 18 July 2018, in the morning, lunch-time and evening. It aims at providing an informal platform to engage VNR countries, non-reporting countries, the UN System and other international organizations as well as major groups and other stakeholders.
Mr. Amir Dossal, President & CEO, Global Partnerships Forum
- Mr. Md. Mokammel Hossain, Joint Secretary (SDG Affairs) of Prime Minister’s Office of Bangladesh
- H.E. Mr. Gebeyehu Ganga, Deputy Permanent Representative, Mission of Ethiopia to the UN
- Mrs. Gladys Ghartey, Chief Economic Officer, Ministry of Finance, Ghana
- Mr. Gavin Power, Executive Vice President and Chief of Sustainable Development and International Affairs
- Ms. Shari Spiegel, Chief, Policy Analysis and Development Branch, Financing for Sustainable Development Office, UN DESA