In accordance with General Assembly decision 67/559 of 21 June 2013, the first session of the Intergovernmental Committee of Experts on Sustainable Development Financing will be held from 28 to 30 August 2013, in the Trusteeship Council Chamber.
The Committee was established in follow-up to the outcome of the UN Conference on Sustainable Development (Rio+20) with a mandate to prepare “a report proposing options on an effective sustainable development financing strategy to facilitate the mobilization of resources and their effective use in achieving sustainable development objectives”. To this end, the Committee was tasked “to asses financing needs, consider the effectiveness, consistency and synergies of existing instruments and frameworks and evaluate additional initiatives”. It will conclude its work by 2014.
During its first session, as indicated in the annotated provisional agenda, the Committee will discuss and adopt its modalities and programme of work.
- GA resolutions and decisions
- Draft decision submitted by the President of the General Assembly on “Intergovernmental committee of experts on sustainable development financing” (A/67/L.70)
- GA resolution 67/203 on “Implementation of Agenda 21, the Programme for the Further Implementation of Agenda 21 and the outcomes of the World Summit on Sustainable Development and of the United Nations Conference on Sustainable Development”
- GA resolution 67/199 on “Follow-up to the International Conference on Financing for Development”
- GA resolution 66/288 on “The future we want”
- ECOSOC resolutions
- Note by the Secretary-General on “Coherence, coordination and cooperation in the context of financing for sustainable development and the post-2015 development agenda” (E/2013/52)
- The Report of the High-level Panel on the Post-2015 Development Agenda
- UN System Task Team on the Post-2015 UN Development Agenda: A Renewed Global Partnership for Development
- UN System Task Team on the Post-2015 UN Development Agenda: Financing for Sustainable Development in the Global Partnership Beyond 2015
- DESA World Economic and Social Survey 2012: In Search of New Development Finance
- Doha Declaration on Financing for Development
- Monterrey Consensus
UNTT WG Papers
- Chapter 1. Financing for sustainable development: Review of global investment requirement estimates
- Chapter 2. The variety of national, regional and international public sources for development finance
- Chapter 3. Challenges in raising private sector resources for financing sustainable development
- Chapter 4. Public support to private investment for sustainable development: challenges and opportunities, with emphasis on the environmental pillar
- Executive Summary. UN System Task Team on the Post-2015 UN Development Agenda Working Group on “Financing for sustainable development”