Permanent Mission of Mexico, Permanent Mission of Kenya, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Making Development Co-operation more effective: Towards the second High Level Meeting of the Global Partnership for Effective Development Co-operation
The event will feature initial remarks by panelists, followed by interactive round-table discussion on:
• The importance of quality and effectiveness of development cooperation for achieving the SDGs, presenting concrete examples.
• Show how the Global Partnership for Effective Development Co-operation (GPEDC) – including its monitoring framework, implementation and policy support – can support review of FFD and SDG implementation.
• Provide an update on the preparations for the Nairobi High Level Meeting of the GPEDC (28 Nov-Dec 2016) and how to engage in preparations.
Host: Macharia Kamau, Permanent Representative of Kenya to the UN
Co-Chairs of the GPEDC:
• Lilianne Ploumen, Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Co-operation of The Netherlands
• Goodall Gondwe, Minister of Finance, Malawi
• Gina Casar, Executive Director, Mexican Agency for International Development Cooperation
Gabriela Ocampo, email@example.com