The Intergovernmental Conference will be held in a newly constructed site in Bab Ighli, Marrakech, Morocco on the 10th and the 11th of December, 2018.
Conference badges will be distributed at the United Nations Registration Centre located in the conference venue in Bab Ighli (Marrakech). To collect the conference badge at the Registration Centre, you must bring a photo ID and a copy of your registration approval. The opening hours of the registration center are:
- 5-6 December: 09.30am to 6pm
- 7-8 December: 9.30am to 7pm
- 9 December: 8.30am to 7.30pm
- 10 December: 7.30am to 6pm
- 11 December: 8.30am to 1pm
Marrakech has a very wide range of hotels and other accommodation types, ranging from prestigious palaces and luxury hotels to hostels: Accommodation list .
We encourage participants to book their hotel using the following platform, which has all information on reservations for hotels and other services (http://stoursevents.com/cim2018/). The platform offers diverse services, including:
- Shuttle services from the airports of Casablanca and Marrakech;
- Cultural activities and touristic programs.
* The host country will provide free transportation between hotels identified in the reservation platform and the site of the Conference. Information on itineraries of shuttle buses and timing will be provided at a later stage.
Please share any questions on the above issues with the focal point Focal Point: Ms. Hayat El Ghazi (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Participants can travel directly to the Marrakech Menara Airport or with a stop in Mohammed V International Airport in Casablanca, Morocco’s main hub.
- There are more than 5 daily flights from Casablanca to Marrakech with Royal Air Maroc.
- The Mohammed V International Airport in Casablanca has a network of approximately 100 destinations and more than 30 airlines.
- Royal Air Maroc offers direct flights to over 80 destinations in Africa, Europe, Asia and the Americas.
All participants must have a passport that is valid for at least 3 months and should check the visa requirements to enter the Kingdom of Morocco (See here the list of countries whose citizens are exempted from visa requirements). UN staff travelling on a UNLP (United Nations laissez-passer) do not require a visa.
Participants needing entry-visas are encouraged to make their request soon.
Participants from countries with an applicable Embassy/Consulate
If you need an entry-visa and you are coming from a country where the Kingdom of Morocco has an Embassy or a Consulate, please communicate with the Moroccan diplomatic representations in your country of residence to obtain your visa.
- A completed visa Form;
- 2 identity photos (4*3cm);
- An identity card;
- A copy of your passport which is valid for 90 days beyond departure date;
- Letter of Confirmation of Participation delivered by the U.N.
Participants from countries with no applicable Embassy/Consulate
If you need an entry-visa and you are a citizen or permanent resident of a country where the Kingdom of Morocco does not have diplomatic or Consular representation:
- Please forward your application to email@example.com;
- You will receive by email a Visa Confirmation Letter which must be shown to the authorities of the airport of departure in order to be able to embark on the flight towards Morocco;
- Visas will be issued upon arrival to the airports of Casablanca and Marrakech.
Requests for travel support for government representatives must be submitted through a note verbale from their Permanent Representative in New York to GCmigration@un.org, no later than the 26th of November, 2018. No more than one government representative per country will be supported, and priority will be given to Least Developed Countries (LDCs), on a first-come first-served basis, taking into consideration resources available in the voluntary trust fund, the timing of submission of the request for support, regional and gender balance, and travel support received for previous sessions.
Multistakeholders who are both accredited and registered for the Conference may apply for travel support through a formal request on their organization’s letterhead.
Date: 30 November 2018
Date: 13 November 2018
Date: 12 November 2018
Date: 10 October 2018
Date: 31 July 2018
Date: 16 July 2018
Date: 14 June 2018