The 6th Development Cooperation Forum will take place at United Nations Headquarters in New York on 21-22 May 2018. The DCF is the principal platform for global policy dialogue on development cooperation, open to all Member States and engaging all stakeholders.
Convened by ECOSOC, the DCF will generate key messages and concrete policy guidance on development cooperation, in the context of the global sustainable development agenda.
This will inform UN-led intergovernmental processes: the Financing for Development follow-up process towards implementation of the Addis Ababa Action Agenda; and the High-level Political Forum’s review of progress towards the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The DCF Secretariat in UNDESA is initiating the analytical work and outreach, and planning the high-level preparatory symposiums, events and expert meetings for the 2016-2018 DCF cycle.
On an ongoing basis, the President of ECOSOC, Member States, Secretariat, other key stakeholders work to promote the messages and recommendations generated in the Forum’s discussions at global, regional, country and local levels.
Analytical work for the DCF, produced on the Forum’s themes and topics, is widely disseminated for use in all relevant UN inter-governmental processes and beyond. This includes the:
- Report of the Secretary-General on “Trends and progress in international development cooperation”
- DCF Policy Brief series
- DCF Global Accountability Survey Study on state of play in effectiveness of development cooperation on the ground
Quick links :
- Read background note on 2018 DCF
- Find information on the 2016 DCF (New York, 21-22 July 2016)
- Explore recent DCF events and symposiums
- Access latest DCF analytical work