Applications for interactive DCF Side Events and Meet-ups are being accepted through Friday, 13 April 2018. Click here to access the request form.
The 2018 Development Cooperation Forum will take place at United Nations Headquarters in New York on 21-22 May 2018. The DCF is the principal platform for global policy dialogue on development cooperation, open to all Member States and engaging all stakeholders.
The 2018 DCF will address the theme, “The strategic role of development cooperation in achieving the 2030 Agenda: building sustainable and inclusive societies.”
Quick links :
- See draft programme for the 2018 DCF
- Read background note on 2018 DCF
- Read SG Report – Advance Unedited Version
- Find information on the 2016 DCF (New York, 21-22 July 2016)
- Explore recent DCF events and symposiums
- Access latest DCF analytical work
Convened by ECOSOC, the DCF will generate key messages and concrete policy guidance on development cooperation, in the context of the global sustainable development agenda.
This will inform UN-led intergovernmental processes: the Financing for Development follow-up process towards implementation of the Addis Ababa Action Agenda; and the High-level Political Forum’s review of progress towards the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The DCF Secretariat in UNDESA supports the two-year DCF preparatory process of analytical work and outreach, high-level preparatory symposiums, expert meetings and other events.
On an ongoing basis, the President of ECOSOC, Member States, Secretariat, other key stakeholders work to promote the messages and recommendations generated in the Forum’s discussions at global, regional, country and local levels.
Analytical work for the DCF, produced on the Forum’s themes and topics, is widely disseminated for use in all relevant UN inter-governmental processes and beyond. This includes the:
- Report of the Secretary-General on “Trends and progress in international development cooperation” [For Advance Unedited Version, click here.]
- DCF Policy Brief series
- DCF Global Accountability Survey Study on state of play in effectiveness of development cooperation on the ground