The Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) Youth Forum, held on 30-31 January 2017, provided a platform for youth to engage in a dialogue with Member States and share ideas on innovation, collective action and solutions to global problems. It also addressed the concept of “shared prosperity”, which is at the core of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
The forum brought youth leaders from around the world to the UN Headquarters in New York. It gave them the opportunity to engage with policy-makers and other youth delegates and representatives.
This two-day event featured interactive dialogues among representatives from youth organizations, high-level and other keynote speakers. A number of sessions were held on aspects of the themes for the Economic and Social Council and the High-level Political Forum and space was created for regional perspectives.
- Moderators and Speakers
- Civil Society Representatives and Youth Organizations
- List of High-level officials
- Youth Representatives selected by UN on the ground
- Closing Remarks of the President of ECOSOC - 31 January 2017
- Opening Remarks of the UN Secretary-General - 30 January 2017
- Opening Remarks of the President of ECOSOC - 30 January 2017
- General concept note
- Interactive Roundtable on “The role of youth in poverty eradication and promoting prosperity”, featuring Ministers and other High-Level speakers (30 January, 10.45 am to 1 pm)
- Breakout sessions on SDGs (30 January, 2.30 pm to 4.30 pm):
- End poverty in all its forms and create decent jobs for youth
- End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable agriculture
- Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
- Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
- Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
- Role of technology in implementing the SDGs (30 January, 4.30 pm to 6 pm)
- Breakout sessions on key regional priorities for youth development (31 January, 9.30 am to 11 am):
- Youth engagement in eradicating poverty and promoting prosperity: Voices from the field (31 January, 11.30 am to 1 pm)
- Interactive Roundtable on Means of Implementation and Financing for Youth Development, featuring Ministers and other High-Level speakers (31 January, 3 pm to 5.30 pm)