The 2022 High-level Segment (HLS) of the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) includes the three-day ministerial meeting of the high-level political forum on sustainable development (HLPF) from Wednesday 13 to Friday 15 July 2022, and a one-day HLS ministerial meeting on Monday 18 July 2022.
The 2022 ECOSOC HLS ministerial meeting will convene in-person at the United Nations Headquarters in New York under the 2022 ECOSOC and HLPF theme of “Building back better from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) while advancing the full implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development”.
The High-Level meeting will provide a space for ECOSOC to discuss, at the ministerial level, how to best develop forward-looking policy approaches to building back better and put the world back on track to implement the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development while advancing a more inclusive and networked multilateralism. It will aim to discuss how to balance short-term crisis relief with long-term analysis, planning and thinking.
The meeting will include two panel discussions on Future proofing multilateralism for a resilient and inclusive recovery (morning session) and on Looking ahead: Acting today to secure a better future (afternoon session).
These discussions will offer opportunities for interventions from Ministers and other representatives of Member States, UN system organizations, intergovernmental organizations (IGOs) and other international and regional organizations, as well as civil society.
Presentations of the Secretary General’s reports on the theme of the HLPF and ECOSOC and on scenarios and long-term impact of current trends on the SDGs as well as a presentation of the Report of the United Nations Committee on Development Policy will open the meeting on 18 July 2022.
- Concept note for ECOSOC High-level Segment – Panel I: “Future proofing multilateralism for a resilient and inclusive recovery” and Panel II: “Looking ahead: Acting today to secure a better future”
- Written statements summitted by NGOs in consultative status with ECOSOC
- Report of the Secretary-General on Progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals
- Report of the Secretary-General on Building back better from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) while advancing the full implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- Report of the Secretary-General on Long-term future trends and scenarios - impacts on the realization of the Sustainable Development Goals