Expert Panel on Fertility, Reproductive Health and Development
Fertility, reproductive health and development are core elements of the Programme of Action of the 1994 International Conference on Population and Development as well as the Millennium Development Goals. In view of the forty-fourth Commission on Population and Development that will take place on 11-15 April 2011 and focus on fertility, reproductive health and development, the Population Division has organized an expert panel to examine emerging issues in these areas, particularly the development impact of fertility decline, improvements in access to family planning and other reproductive health services, and reductions of inequities in reproductive health.
Welcome and Introduction
- Ms. Hania Zlotnik, Director, Population Division/DESA
- Ms. Ann Blanc, Director, Maternal Health Task Force, EndgenderHealth
- Ms. Rekha Mehra, Director, Economic Development, International Center for Research on Women
- Mr. T. Paul Schultz, Professor, Department of Economics, Yale University
- Mr. David Canning, Professor, Department of Global Health and Population, Harvard University