Bridging the infrastructure gap is essential to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals. To help close the global gap in infrastructure investment, the Addis Ababa Action Agenda established the Global Infrastructure Forum, led by the multilateral development banks.
The annual Forum aims to improve alignment and coordination among established and new infrastructure initiatives, multilateral and national development banks, United Nations agencies, national institutions, development partners and the private sector. It encourages a wide range of voices to be heard, particularly from developing countries. It seeks to identify and address infrastructure and capacity gaps, particularly in challenging environments to ensure alignment with the Sustainable Development Goals. It aims to highlight opportunities for investment and cooperation, and works to ensure that infrastructure is environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable.
The responsibility for hosting the Forum rotates among the Multilateral Development Banks (MDBs), with preparations carried out in cooperation with the UN System. The outcomes of the Forum will be reported to UN Member States via the ECOSOC Forum on Financing for Development Follow-up.
Registration Procedure to the 2017 Global Infrastructure Forum
To attend this event, prior online registration is compulsory. Registration is for the entire forum and there is no separate registration for the breakout sessions. You can modify and cancel your registration until a week prior to the Forum. Please click here to register. For any questions related to registration, please contact GIFregistration@IADB.ORG.
Once you have submitted your online registration form, you will receive a confirmation email about the status of your registration. In addition, one week prior to the forum, you will receive an email containing your personal access code granting you access to the venue. The code can be printed or saved on your phone and will be scanned upon your arrival at the entrance. For security reasons, the online registration system closes automatically when the maximum capacity of participants has been reached. If such is the case, participants will be put on a waiting list and will automatically receive a confirmation email once a seat has been freed up.
- Third briefing 2017 Global Infrastructure Forum (New York, 30 March 2017)
- Global Infrastructure Forum 2017 (Washington D.C., 22 April 2017)
Global Infrastructure Forum 2017
- Annotated Agenda on the 2017 Global Infrastructure Forum
- Background note on the 2017 Global Infrastructure Forum
- Invitation letter on the 2017 Global Infrastructure Forum
- Practical information on the 2017 Global Infrastructure Forum
- Save the date flyer
- Draft note on the 2017 Global Infrastructure Forum
- Summary First Briefing 2017 Global Infrastructure Forum (Link to Webcast)
- Summary Second Briefing on 2017 Global Infrastructure Forum (Link to Webcast)
Global Infrastructure Forum 2016
- A global conversation about collaborating for better infrastructure delivery
- It’s time to change the way we talk about the “Infrastructure Gap”
- 3 lessons on collaboration from the Global Infrastructure Facility
- World Bank Group PPP Topic Site
- PPP Knowledge Lab
- The Private Participation in Infrastructure Database
- The Public Private Infrastructure Advisory Facility
- The PPP Infrastructure Resource Center
- Global Infrastructure Facility