About the International Day of the World's Indigenous Peoples
The International Day of the World's Indigenous People is observed by the International community every year on 9 August.
The Day provides an opportunity to raise awareness of indigenous peoples' cultures and the great diversity that they represent. It is also an occasion to redouble efforts to address issues of exclusion, discrimination and poverty that are still the daily reality for many of these peoples.
- Key Facts About Indigenous Peoples
- The OHCHR and Indigenous Peoples
- Indigenous Peoples, Poverty and the MDGs
- Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples [PDF]
- Climate Change and Indigenous Peoples [PDF]
- Indigenous Languages [PDF]
- Urban Indigenous Peoples and Migration [PDF]
- Indigenous Peoples - Lands, Territories and Natural Resources [PDF]
- Indigenous Peoples in the Pacific Region [PDF]