Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction
- Showcase and debate progress and practice in disaster risk reduction.
- Engage and contribute to shaping the future of disaster risk reduction for the 21st Century.
- Consult on a post-2015 framework for disaster reduction (HFA2)
- Create new partnerships and alliances to reduce disaster risks and build resilience in communities.
- Exchange learning and innovations including new tools and methodologies.
- Prioritise directions for the partners in disaster risk reduction, which will be reflected in the outcome document - the Chair's summary.
The Fourth Session of the Global Platform “Invest Today for a Safer Tomorrow: Resilient People – Resilient Planet” took place 19-23 May 2013. It came at a time when there is unprecedented international momentum to reduce disaster risk and build resilience in our communities. As we head towards 2015 when the Hyogo Framework of Action 2005-2015: Building the Resilience of Nations and Communities to Disasters (HFA) completes its first 10-year term, any future based on sustainable development for all will call on us to reduce disaster risks.
The Global Platform organised by the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR) is the forum that brings together governments, intergovernmental organizations, NGOs, local communities, mayors, parliamentarians, scientific and academic institutions, the private sector and other actors engaged in disaster risk reduction.
At the Fourth Session of the Global Platform new partnerships and alliances were created. Progress in risk reduction and resilience building were debated. Experiences, innovations and practices were shared. The Fourth Session of the Global Platform was also a milestone for the consultations on a post-2015 framework for disaster risk reduction (HFA2)
Visit the official website for the 4th Session of the Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction.