The Secretariat for the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (SCRPD) falls within the Division for Social Policy and Development (DSPD) of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UNDESA). It serves as a focal point on disability issues within the United Nations system.
- “UN Flagship Report on Disability and Development | 2018 – Realizing the SDGs by, for and with persons with disabilities”
- Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (2006)
- Standard Rules on the Equalization of Opportunities for Persons with Disabilities (1993)
- Principles for the protection of persons with mental illness and the improvement of mental health care(1991)
- World Programme of Action concerning Disabled Persons (1982)
- Declaration on the Rights of Disabled Persons (1975)
- Declaration on the Rights of Mentally Retarded Persons (1971)
The links below open UNBISNet and display the full list of UN documents related to the rights of persons with disabilities.
- General Assembly Documents
- General Assembly Resolutions
- Economic & Social Council Documents
- Secretary-General’s Reports