Ten simple things YOU can do to celebrate the World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development
- Visit an art exhibit or a museum dedicated to other cultures.
- Invite a family or people in the neighborhood from another culture or religion to share a meal with you and exchange views on life.
- Rent a movie or read a book from another country or religion than your own.
- Invite people from a different culture to share your customs.
- Read about the great thinkers of other cultures than yours (e.g. Confucius, Socrates, Avicenna, Ibn Khaldun, Aristotle, Ganesh, Rumi).
- Go next week-end to visit a place of worship different than yours and participate in the celebration.
- Play the “stereotypes game.” Stick a post-it on your forehead with the name of a country. Ask people to tell you stereotypes associated with people from that country. You win if you find out where you are from.
- Learn about traditional celebrations from other cultures; learn more about Hanukkah or Ramadan or about amazing celebrations of New Year’s Eve in Spain or Qingming festival in China.
- Spread your own culture around the world through our Facebook page and learn about other cultures.
- Explore music of a different culture.
There are thousands of things that you can do, are you taking part in it?
How to join the campaign?
- “Like” us on Facebook to start a discussion on our wall, follow our posts and videos and take part in the photo and video contests. (facebook.com/DoOneThingforDiversityandInclusion)
- Tell others about this day.
- Organize an event and contact us to put your event under the umbrella of the campaign.