The Permanent Mission of Hungary, in cooperation with DPI, UNDP, UNOP and UNF, is organizing two panel discussions at UN Headquarters in New York to highlight the importance of non-profit organizations in development. The two discussions are going to concentrate on the role of charity in water and sanitation and poverty alleviation, eradication issues.
Participation is by invitation, however the panel discussions will be webcast LIVE on webtv.un.org.
Time and venue of the event: September 5, 2013, 3:00-6:00 p.m.; Conference Room 1, Conference Building, UN Headquarters
Agenda and speakers:
- The role of charity in securing access to clean water and sanitation: 3:00-4:30 p.m.
- Paull Young, Director of Digital, Charity: water
- Girish Menon, Director of International Programmes, WaterAid
- Kellie Sloan, Director and Chief of Staff for the Office of the President of Global Development, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Seema Shah, Director of Research for Special Projects, The Foundation Center
- Partnership for poverty alleviation, eradication – the role of charity: 4:30-6:00 p.m.
Keynote speech: Hugh Evans, CEO, The Global Poverty Project
- Navid Hanif, Director, Office for ECOSOC Support and Coordination, UNDESA
- Selim Jahan, Director, Poverty Practice, UNDP Bureau for Development Policy
- Neelam Makhijani, CEO, The Resource Alliance
- Susan Myers, Vice President for UN Relations, UN Foundation