Title: Partnering for a healthier, more equitable and sustainable world: The role of entertainment
Date: 10 September 2020
- Philip Rowley, Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Finance Officer, Sony Pictures Entertainment
- Melissa Fleming, UN Under-Secretary-General for Global Communications
- Maher Nasser, Director, Outreach Division, UN Department of Global Communications
- Martina Donlon, Chief, Sustainable Development Section, UN Department of Global Communications
- Dawda Jobarteh, Senior Sustainable Development Officer, UN Office for Partnerships
UN Foundation Speakers:
- Rajesh Mirchandani, Chief Communications Officer, UN Foundation
- Dani Zapotoczny, Senior Director, Partnerships and Communications, UN Foundation
CCOI, in collaboration with Sony Pictures Entertainment and the UN Foundation, held a virtual workshop for leaders in the film, television and gaming industries ahead of the 75th session of the UN General Assembly (UNGA 75). Highlighting the importance of partnerships in amplifying messaging around the Sustainable Development Goals and other global issues, the participants discussed the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on economies, the environment and social justice, as well as actions needed by the global community to be able to build back better. During the hour-long event, attendees heard about concrete opportunities for immediate engagement with the UN to support SDG-related communications initiatives in the context of UNGA 75, as well as other initiatives later in the calendar, including Human Rights Day in December 2020 and the UN Food Systems Summit in 2021.
In collaboration with Sony Pictures Entertainment and the UN Foundation, CCOI identified themes for discussion and speakers, and provided logistical support for the webinar.