Be informed! Get involved!
Volunteer your time to translate the UN Enable newsletter in an official UN language: French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic or Chinese or your own local language.
The United Nations Enable Newsletter is disseminated to over 11,000 disability-focused recipients that include Government delegates, UN agencies, academia, disability experts and practitioners, the private sector, representatives of civil society organizations, including organizations of persons with disabilities and their networks.
If you would like to volunteer your time and service:
1. Please send us a short note telling us why you would like to make available the UN Enable newsletter in an official UN language or your local language (state your language). Add any background or documentation, if available.
2. Selection of translators will be on a volunteer basis only and no funding or grant of any amount or kind will be provided.
3. Issues of the UN Enable newsletter translated by volunteers will include due acknowledgement and a disclaimer stating that it is not an official translation, etc.
4. Translations will be provided in Word document formats and posted as received along with the above disclaimer.
5. UN language usage and key words are available at: https://lib-thesaurus.un.org/LIB/DHLUNBISThesaurus.nsf/zHelpDocuments/English+About+Help?OpenDocument.
Please send us your information, at the earliest to: email@example.com, subject: “I volunteer to translate the UN Enable newsletter”