15th Conference of States Parties to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities – COSP15
UN Headquarters, New York, 14-16 June 2022
The deadline for submitting the application is 10 May 2022.
** Given the situation on COVID-19, most side events for the COSP15 will be held virtually. Please note that side events in-person are only open to Member States **
** Please note that each side event organizer is responsible for hosting and choosing their virtual event platform. **
Please note the following:
- Only Governments, UN agencies, and accredited civil society organizations (CSOs) can conduct side-events at sessions of the Conference of States Parties to the CRPD.
- CSOs include NGOs in Consultative Status with ECOSOC and NGOs Accredited to the COSP, including organizations of persons with disabilities (DPOs).
- Proposed side events should be closely related to the work of the Conference of States Parties to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and should have as the main focus the theme for the session “Building disability-inclusive and participatory societies in the COVID context and beyond”.
- The proposed side events should be also closely linked to the following themes:
– Innovation and technology advancing disability rights
– Economic empowerment and entrepreneurship of persons with disabilities
– Participation of persons with disabilities in climate action, disaster risk reduction and resilience against natural disasters
- Priority will be given to multi-stakeholder events that include the Member States, UN agencies, civil society organizations, and other stakeholders as well as side events with gender balance and cross-regional representation.
- The proposal should provide a detailed description of the side event, including its thematic focus, speakers/presenters, and its potential contribution to the session. It should also clearly indicate the main organizer of the event and their contacts.
- To promote broad stakeholder participation, ONLY one event application can be accommodated per the main sponsor.
- If you wish to make any changes to the submitted application form within the timeframe open for applications, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and copy email@example.com with the subject “Update – COSP Side event application form”.
- In case your event needs to be canceled you must provide at least 48 hours’ notice.
- Detailed information on side-events should be posted on the websites of convening organizations. A link will be provided to these sites from the COSP website: https://bit.ly/un-cosp15
- We request that concept notes as well as promotional flyers, brochures, speakers list, and any other materials be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 May 2022 for inclusion on the COSP website.
Interpretation, Cart Services, and Sign Language
- Please note that the UN will not provide interpreters; you must bring your own interpreters.
- Cart Services are provided by the side event organizers.
- Sign language interpretation is not supplied by the UN: See List of sign language providers.
Note: Proposed meetings and events must be consistent with the purposes and principles of the United Nations and must be non-commercial in nature. Content and themes of side-events that are held during the Conference of States Parties, should have a direct relationship to disability and the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. The Division for Inclusive Social Development of the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DISD/UN DESA) by virtue of coordinating the side-events is an ex-officio sponsor of the event and might be present at the event.