10th session of the Conference of States Parties to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities, UN Headquarters, New York, 13 to 15 June 2017
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CONDUCTING SIDE-EVENTS
- Only Governments, UN agencies and accredited civil society organizations (CSOs) can conduct side-events at sessions of the Conference of States Parties to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (COSP);
- CSOs include non-governmental organizations (NGOs), organizations of persons with disabilities (DPOs), NGOs in Consultative Status with ECOSOC and NGOs Accredited to the COSP.
- The purpose and objective of each side-event should demonstrate clear commitment to the implementation of the CRPD and/or the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- Side-events are for Conference attendees and registered participants, only. Side-event organizers should make their own arrangements for external guests attending side-events.
- Every effort will be made to match individual preferences with Conference Rooms/time-slots requested by side-event organizers.
- Due to the limited number of available Conference Rooms, side events sponsored jointly by Governments, UN system organizations and multi-stakeholder partnerships will be given preference.
- Required: Organizations convening side-events will have to bear ALL costs incurred for technical and related services to their side-events. A standard side-event set-up includes a PowerPoint projector and screen, as well as standard audio and microphones. Laptops not provided.
- Estimated costs: For a standard side-event set-up with no special requests:
- US$ 260 that will be billed separately by UN Facilities Services to each side-event organizer. Additional costs apply for events before and after official business hours (see 12. below)
- UN Security charges apply for lunchtime side-events and those outside of official business hours, based on the Conference Room, time-slot and number of attendees.
- Live webcast cost: $232 via UN Department of Public Information (UNDPI); Email: email@example.com.
- Required: CART services (closed-captioning) must be provided by all organizations convening side-events. (Not supplied by the UN: List of CART service providers)
- Sign language interpretation, optional. (Not supplied by UN: List of sign language providers)
- Names and contact details of CART providers and interpreters should be submitted for Entry Passes by the close of registration: 2 June.
- Refreshments, optional (Contact the official UN caterer, telephone: (212) 963-7029 or directly at: firstname.lastname@example.org). Food is not allowed inside any Conference Room.
- Official hours of the main Conference meetings are from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. and from 3 to 6 p.m.; side-events can also be organized before and after the Conference (8 to 9.30 a.m. and 6.15 to 8 p.m.; however, an additional surcharge will apply).
- Detailed information on side-events, if posted by the convening organizations on their websites, can be linked from the side-events list posted on the UN Enable website’s Conference page (http://bit.ly/crpd_cosp10).
- Side-event organizers are encouraged to promote their event and network to draw Conference attendees to their events, as several competing events may be taking place at the same time.
NOTE: In using United Nations premises, due respect must be maintained for the dignity of the Organization. Proposed meetings and events must be consistent with the purposes and principles of the United Nations, and must be non-commercial in nature. Content and themes of side-events that are held during the Conference of States Parties, should have a direct relationship to disability and the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. The Secretariat for the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (DSPD/DESA) by virtue of coordinating the side-events is an ex-officio sponsor of the event and will be present at the event.