13th session of the Conference of States Parties to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
UN Headquarters, New York,
30 November, 1 December, and 3 December 2020 (TBC)
The deadline for submitting the application is 6 November.
**Given the situation on COVID-19, after careful consideration, side events for COSP13 will be held virtually.**
** Please note that each side event organizer is responsible for hosting and choosing their virtual event platform.**
Please note the following:
- Only Governments, UN agencies, and accredited civil society organizations (CSOs) can conduct side-events at sessions of the Conference of States Parties to the CRPD.
- CSOs include NGOs in Consultative Status with ECOSOC and NGOs Accredited to the COSP, including organizations of persons with disabilities (DPOs).
- Proposed side events should be closely related to the work of the Conference of States Parties to the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities and should have as the main focus the theme for the thirteen session “A decade of action and delivery for inclusive sustainable development: implementing the CRPD and the 2030 Agenda for all persons with disabilities.”
- Priority will be given to multi-stakeholder events that include Member States, UN agencies, civil society organizations, and other stakeholders as well as side events with gender balance and cross-regional representation.
- The proposal should provide a detailed description of the side event, including its thematic focus, speakers/presenters, and its potential contribution to the COSP13. It should also clearly indicate the main organizer of the event and their contacts.
- To promote broad stakeholder participation, ONLY one event application can be accommodated per the main sponsor.
- If you wish to make any changes to the submitted application form within the timeframe open for applications, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Update – COSP13 Side event application form”.
- In case your event needs to be canceled you must provide at least 48 hours’ notice.
- Detailed information on side-events should be posted on the websites of convening organizations. A link will be provided to these sites from the COSP13 website: http://bit.ly/un-cosp13.
- We request that concept notes as well as promotional flyers, brochures, speakers list, and any other materials to be emailed to email@example.com by 16 November 2020 for inclusion on the COSP13 website.
Interpretation, Cart Services, and Sign Language
- Please note that the UN will not provide interpreters; you must bring your own interpreters.
- Cart Services are provided by the side events organizers.
- Sign language interpretation is not supplied by the UN: See List of sign language providers.
Note: Proposed meetings and events must be consistent with the purposes and principles of the United Nations, and must be non-commercial in nature. Content and themes of side-events that are held during the Conference of States Parties, should have a direct relationship to disability and the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. The Secretariat for the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (DISD/DESA) by virtue of coordinating the side-events is an ex-officio sponsor of the event and will be present at the event.