UN DESA | DPAD | Development Policy Analysis Division
Capacity Development and Advisory Services
Kyrgyzstan has participated in DPAD's capacity development and advisory activities since 2008. Analytical capacities have been strengthened to assess financing strategies for timely achievement of the MDGs. Policy makers will receive further training to take account of the likely effects of the recent global financial crisis and other external shocks that may affect the MDGs as well as previous analyses on financing strategies. Activities also include the transfer of analytical tools to policy makers so that they will be better prepared to anticipate and mitigate the impact of upcoming crises on the MDGs.
Capacity development projects in Kyrgyzstan are implemented with support from the Ministry of Economic Regulations. DPAD collaborates closely with the United Nations Development Program country office in Kyrgyzstan for administrative support.
- 18–19 April 2012—Inception workshop (Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan)
- 14–15 September 2010—Final regional meeting (Tashkent, Uzbekistan)
- 30 March–2 April 2010—Third regional workshop (Jakarta, Indonesia)
- 24–27 March 2009—Second regional workshop (Manila, Philippines)
- 20–22 August 2008—Inception regional workshop (Bangkok, Thailand)
- Executive summary "Assessing Development Strategies to Achieve the MDGs in the Republic of Kyrgyzstan", 2011 (rus)
- Country study "Assessing Development Strategies to Achieve the MDGs in the Republic of Kyrgyzstan" (2011)
- Social Accounting Matrix for MAMS
- Application of microsimulation methodology
- CASE Network Report No.95, Macroeconomic Strategies of MDG Achievement in the Kyrgyz Republic, Mogilevsky, Omorova (2011)