Creation of voting records for adopted UN resolutions:
a quick guide
- Change the date of record creation on the workform
(in Cataloguing Module of Horizon). See tag
- Get a voterec ID number
See tag 035.
- Create a voterec.
- New voting records for General Assembly resolutions adopted without vote and
Security Council resolutions are created in the Horizon Cataloguing
Choose Bib > Create new bib in the navigation bar,
and then select Vote-S (for Security Council
resolutions), Vote-A (for General Assembly resolutions
adopted without vote).
- The voting records of the General Assembly resolutions
adopted with vote are usually machine-generated during the
process; no workform is used
to create the records.
In case there is no machine-generated vote available, the
workform Vote-GA should be used and
all votes should be input manually and checked
against the printed «Recorded Vote» sheet supplied by the General Assembly Affairs Office.
Instructions on importing voting information are provided together with the
instructions for tag 996.
- Fill in information required in each tag. The tags that are used in
voting records of adopted UN resolutions are machine-generated and appear in
the workform. Follow the guidelines for each tag to complete the record.
- Create an item record. Once all tags are done and the record is saved,
an item should be attached to the voting record. To open the
within the voting record that was created:
- Click on Items New
- Item barcode
- «V» and Bib number of the voting record with no space
between them, e.g. V704812
- Collection - choose: «vote»
- Save the changes and
- Close the Items window.
- The voting record is complete.
by the Department of Public Information (DPI), Dag Hammarskjöld
Library. Comments as well as suggestions for further
additions/enhancements may be directed to the Dag Hammarskjöld Library.
© United Nations 2004-2009. All rights reserved.
Last updated: 23 April 2008