New York, 26 June 2014 - Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on bomb attack in Abuja, Nigeria
The Secretary-General is appalled by the bomb attack yesterday near a shopping centre in the Nigerian capital, Abuja, which reportedly resulted in the death of at least 21 people. He offers his sincere condolences to the bereaved families and wishes the wounded a swift recovery.
The Secretary-General reiterates his unequivocal condemnation of such attacks. He remains deeply concerned about the escalation of violence in Nigeria.
Statements on 26 June 2014
- New York, 26 June 2014 - Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on Libya
- Maputo, Mozambique, 26 June 2014 - Secretary-General's message to third review Conference of the States Parties to the Convention on the Prohibition of the Use, Stockpiling, Production and Transfer of Anti-Personnel Mines and on Their Destruction [delivered by Ms Angela Kane, High Representative for Disarmament Affairs]
- New York, 26 June 2014 - Secretary-General's message on the UN International Day in Support of Victims of Torture [scroll down for French version]
- New York, 26 June 2014 - Secretary-General's message on the International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking [scroll down for French version]
- Beijing, China, 26 June 2014 - Secretary-General's video message to second China Summit on Caring for Climate
- Malabo, Equatorial Guinea, 26 June 2014 - Secretary-General’s remarks at the African Union Summit in Malabo [as prepared - English and French]