Secretary-General's video message on the retirement of Michael Douglas from Board of Ploughshares Fund
New York, 3 June 2014
I would like to join Executive Director Philip Yun, President Joe Cirincione and all of you in wishing the very best to our dear friend, and United Nations Messenger of Peace.
Michael Douglas, I understand you are retiring from the Board of Ploughshares Fund after many years of service. Thank you for your commitment.
You have been a powerful global voice for disarmament and non-proliferation. With your passion and intellect, you have reached the hearts and minds of millions – from world leaders to young students. You have opened the world’s eyes to the deadly dangers of nuclear weapons and the importance of disarmament to strengthen our collective security.
Thank you for following your convictions with action. Thank you for being a true humanitarian.
Thank you and Ploughshares Fund for all your efforts to realize our dream of a world free of nuclear weapons.
Statements on 3 June 2014
- New York, 3 June 2014 - Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on Egypt
- New York, 3 June 2014 - Secretary-General's message to the Association of Former International Civil Servants (AFICS)
- New York, 3 June 2014 - Secretary-General's remarks at Launch of Video Campaign on Ending Sexual Violence through Gender Equality
- New York , 3 June 2014 - Secretary-General's Remarks at "Mini-Concert" by Midori
- New York, 3 June 2014 - Statement attributable to the Spokesman for the Secretary-General on the announcement of a Palestinian Government of National Consensus