Leipzig, Germany, 27 May 2015 - Secretary-General's video message for International Transport Forum
I am pleased to send greetings to this year’s International Transport Forum.
In September, world leaders will gather at the United Nations to adopt a universal post-2015 development agenda.
In December, governments will meet in Paris to agree meaningful collective action on climate change.
Sustainable transport is a common thread.
It is time to reshape the world’s transport systems for a cleaner, safer and more sustainable future.
Last year, I created a High Level Advisory Group on Sustainable Transport to work with all stakeholders to promote sustainable transport systems.
On every continent, public, private and civil society actors are working for change.
The commitment and expertise of this Forum is helping to make a difference.
I am very grateful for the contributions many of you made at my Climate Summit.
Your actions can help the world travel more quickly down a low-carbon pathway.
However, all of us must do more.
The global thermostat continues to rise.
Climate impacts are increasing.
I urge all of you to accelerate your efforts.
Find new green solutions.
Be a champion within your industry.
And urge others to commit to a new sustainable transport future.
You help connect the world.
With your help, we can make a world of difference.
Statements on 27 May 2015
- Leipzig, Germany, 27 May 2015 - Secretary-General's video message for International Transport Forum
- Kuwait City, Kuwait, 27 May 2015 - Secretary-General's message to the 42nd Session of th Organisation of Islamic Cooperation council of Foreign Ministers [delivered by Mr. Ján Kubiš, Special Representative of the Secretary-General for Iraq and Head of the United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq]
- Brussels, Belgium, 27 May 2015 - Secretary-General's remarks to the European Parliament [As prepared for delivery]
- Brussels, Belgium , 27 May 2015 - Secretary-General's Remarks at Event for "Tomorrowland" Music Festival
- Brussels, 27 May 2015 - Secretary-General's remarks at event for Tomorrowland Music Festival