New York, 29 April 2013 - Statement attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General on the killing of Somalia's Deputy State Attorney
The Secretary-General condemns the killing of Somalia's Deputy State Attorney, Mr. Ahmed Malim Sheikh Nur, on April 26 in Mogadishu. He expresses his sincere condolences to Mr. Nur’s family.
The Secretary-General is deeply concerned that recent attacks in Mogadishu appear to target the judicial officials and the legal system as a whole. He remains confident that such criminal acts will not undermine efforts to strengthen the rule of law in the country.
The Secretary-General reiterates the commitment of the United Nations to support and assist the Federal Government of Somalia, its institutions and the Somali people.
Statements on 29 April 2013
- New York, 29 April 2013 - Secretary-General's remarks to the American Bar Association "ABA Day at the UN" [as prepared for delivery]
- New York, 29 April 2013 - Statement attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General on the assassination attempt against the Prime Minister of Syria
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, 29 April 2013 - Secretary-General's message to UN International Meeting on the Question of Palestine [delivered by Mr. Carlos Lopes, Executive Secretary of the United Nations Economic Commission for Africa]
- Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, 29 April 2013 - Secretary-General's message to the Ministerial Conference of the Community of Democracies [delivered by Mr. Kassym-Jomart Tokayev, Director-General of the United Nations Office at Geneva]
- New York, 29 April 2013 - Secretary-General's message on the Day of Remembrance for All Victims of Chemical Warfare