Readout of the Secretary-General's meeting with H.E Mr. Alassane Ouattara, President of Côte d'Ivoire
Addis Ababa, 27 January 2013
The Secretary-General met today with H.E. Mr. Alassane Ouattara, President of the Republic of Côte d'Ivoire.
The Secretary-General commended the important progress achieved in Côte d'Ivoire and the commitment of President Ouattara towards sustainable peace, security and economic recovery. He highlighted the need to strive for further gains in reconciliation, security sector reform and disarmament, demobilization and reintegration as they were crucial for the country’s stability. The Secretary-General reaffirmed the United Nations commitment to working closely with the Government in addressing remaining challenges.
The Secretary-General and the President discussed the fast evolving situation in Mali. The Secretary-General stressed the need to seize the opportunities presented on the security front to continue the political process and commended the leadership of President Ouattara as Chairman of Economic Community Of West African States (ECOWAS) Authority of Heads of State and Government. They also discussed the situation in Guinea-Bissau.
Readouts on 27 January 2013
- Addis Ababa - Readout of the Secretary-General’s meeting with H.E. Mr. Boni Yayi, President of Benin and outgoing Chairperson of the African Union Summit
- Addis Ababa - Readout for the Secretary-General’s meeting with H.E Mr. Dioncounda Traoré, Interim President of Mali
- Addis Ababa - Readout of the Secretary-General’s meeting with H.E. Hailemariam Desalegn, Prime Minister of the Federal Republic of Ethiopia
- Addis Ababa - Readout of the Secretary-General’s meeting with Palestinian President H.E Mr. Mahmoud Abbas
- Addis Ababa - Readout of the Secretary-General’s meeting with H.E. Ms. Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma, Chairperson of the African Union Commission