- 18–35 years old?
- Actively involved in a youth-led initiative or project created to benefit people, forests and the environment?
- Interested in sharing your success stories and lessons learned with the global forestry audience?
- Interested in having your project/initiative profiled at the XIV World Forestry Congress?
Apply to be an inspiring youth speaker and make a TEDx-style presentation at the youth special event during the XIV World Forestry Congress, 7-11 September, in Durban, South Africa.
How to apply?
To be considered as a youth speaker, please prepare the following:
- a short informal video (no more than 5 minutes) introducing yourself and the project/initiative – this can be recorded on your cellphone, as it’s what you say and show that counts, not the video quality. You can post your video online and include a link in your submission, or attach the video file to your entry (max 10 MB).
- a short text about your initiative (no more than 400 words)
- a photo of yourself and any photos (no more than three) that show your project/initiative
- clearly state your name, age and country
- your applications can be in English, French or Spanish
You can submit your video, text and photos by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with email@example.com in copy.
Please put ‘Youth Speakers entry’ in the subject line.
Application deadline: 15 June 2015.
For more information click here