The DPI/NGO Resource Centre is the home away from home for representatives of over 1200 NGOs associated with DPI. Located in the General Assembly Building, Room GA-1B37, it is a place where they meet, work and obtain information about United Nations activities and events.
The NGO Resource Centre includes:
- a digital library with access to almost all the electronic versions of UN documents, including 21st Century television series, UN in Action, UN-produced films, etc.
- a conference area, with a seating capacity of about 15 people (occasionally available for DPI-associated NGOs with in-advance booking for official meetings)
- computers available for the exclusive use of DPI/NGO representatives
- a large collection of publications (print and electronic format) from the UN system
The DPI/NGO Resource Centre provides a number of services to NGOs, such as:
- facilitating the registration process for the annual UN DPI/NGO Conference
- processing of the Annual Review
- arranging guest passes for the DPI/NGO briefings when applicable
- diseminating weekly UN information
- providing up to date UN materials and publications on the agenda of the Organization of relevance to the NGO Community and civil society.
- access to computers connected to the Internet, as well as an up-to-date database with comprehensive information related to DPI associated NGOs.
- making available copies of the latest DPI/NGO briefing calendar, the Daily Journal and the UN Daily Highlights.