Other statements at the special meeting:
- Mr. Palitha T.B. Kohona, Chairman of the Special Committee to Investigate Israeli Practices Affecting the Human Rights of the Palestinian People and Other Arabs of the Occupied Territories (Permanent Representative of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka to the United Nations)
- Mr. Mohammad Khazaee, Permanent Representative of the Islamic Republic of Iran to the United Nations, reading out a message from His Excellency Mr. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, President of the Islamic Republic of Iran, on behalf of the Movement of Non-Aligned Countries
- Ms. Kadra Ahmed Hassan, Counsellor at the Permanent Mission of the Republic of Djibouti to the United Nations, reading out a message on behalf of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation
- Mr. Téte António, Permanent Observer of the African Union to the United Nations, reading out a message on behalf of the African Union
- Mr. Ahmed Fathalla, Permanent Observer for the League of Arab States, reading out a message from H.E. Mr. Nabil Elaraby, Secretary-General of the League of Arab States
Messages on the occasion were received from the Heads of State of: Afghanistan, Argentina, Bahrain, Belarus, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Burkina Faso, Cyprus, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Ecuador, Indonesia, Islamic Republic of Iran, Jordan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Maldives, Morocco, Namibia, Pakistan, Russian Federation, Senegal, Sri Lanka, Turkey, United Arab Emirates and Viet Nam. Heads of Governmentof: China, India, Malaysia and Thailand. Ministers for Foreign Affairs of: Algeria, Cuba, Japan, Madagascar, Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Syrian Arab Republic, Tunisia and Philippines. Governments of: Oman, South Africa and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela. Intergovernmental organizations: European Union and the Organization of Islamic Cooperation. Civil society organizations: International Progress Organization in Vienna, the NGO Working Group on Israel-Palestine in New York, the NGO Working Group on Peace in Geneva, and the Mennonite Central Committee in New York.