UNIDO's 9th Ministerial Conference of the LDCs
Date & Time
This year's Ministerial Conference of the LDCs will be held on 25-26 November 2021, immediately prior to the 19th session of the UNIDO General Conference, and will serve as the last global pre-event towards UN LDC5. The Ministerial Declaration stemming from the Ministerial Conference will mainstream the DPoA into the policy orientations building UNIDO Operational Strategy and Implementation Plan for the LDCs 2022-2031.
25th November 2021
14:00 – 15:30 (CET): “Mainstreaming the 4IR in LDCs through Science, Technology and Innovation”
- To present a policy paper which presents a compelling case for the rapid adoption of 4IR technologies by LDCs to achieve rapid economic growth and as well as meet their sustainable development and de-carbonization goals.
- To invite distinguished speakers and experts to discuss how the LDCs can accelerate their transition to this new industrial paradigm despite the many development challenges they endure, as well as suggest practical recommendations by which LDCs can initiate their 4IR journey.
- Bernardo Calzadilla-Sarmiento, Managing Director, Directorate of Digitization, Technology & Agribusiness, UNIDO
- Béata Habyarimana, Minister of Trade and Industry, Ministry of Trade and Industry, Kigali, Rwanda (tbc)
- Ravi Gupta, CEO, Tambourine Innovation Ventures
- Ratanakar Adhikari, Executive Director, Enhanced Integrated Framework (EIF)
- Joshua Setipa, Managing Director, UN Technology Bank for the Least Developed Countries
- Sabine Dall’Omo, Chief Executive Officer at Siemens Southern and Eastern Africa
Registration: Please register here
26th November 2021
14:00 – 14:15 (CET): UNIDO Presentation: "From Istanbul Programme of Action (IPoA) to DPoA: Towards UNIDO's Operational strategy for LDCs in the Next Decade"