Virtual Media Briefings
UN Food Systems Summit
WHAT: With a month to go until the Pre-Summit (July 26 -28), the UN Food Systems Summit is preparing to reveal the clusters of game-changing solutions and action areas that will transform food systems around the world to deliver the Sustainable Development Goals.
These solutions and action areas represent the results of an 18-month-long consultative process involving global, regional and Independent Dialogues, surveys, and open fora with all actors at every point in food systems.
Join some of the experts and Champions who have helped shape these emerging propositions and hear first-hand about the innovations that will get the world back on track to deliver the SDGs through more resilient, inclusive and sustainable food systems, including:
- Moderator: Dr. Martin Frick, Deputy to the Special Envoy for the UN Food Systems Summit
- Gunhild Stordalen, Chair of the Summit’s Action Track 2, and Founder and Executive Chair, EAT Foundation
- Saleemul Huq, Chair of the Summit’s Action Track 5 and Director, International Centre for Climate Change & Development (ICCCAD)
- Shakuntala Thilsted, Vice-chair of the Summit’s Action Track 4, Research Program Leader for Value Chains and Nutrition, WorldFish, and 2021 World Food Prize Laureate
- Lawrence Haddad, Chair of the Summit’s Action Track 1 and Executive Director of the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
WHEN: Speakers will give media briefings and take questions at the following times:
- EUROPE & AFRICA: 11am CEST, Monday, June 28 (register)
- ASIA-PACIFIC: 3.30pm IST, Wednesday June 30 (live)
- AMERICAS: 2pm EDT, Wednesday, June 30 (register)
WHY: The UN Food Systems Summit was announced by the UN Secretary-General, António Guterres, on World Food Day in October 2019 as a part of the Decade of Action for delivery on the SDGs by 2030. The aim of the Summit is to deliver progress on all 17 of the SDGs through a food systems approach, leveraging the interconnectedness of food systems to global challenges such as hunger, climate change, poverty and inequality. The pre-Summit gathering will take place in Rome from July 26 to July 28.