East River clean up on Friday, June 8
This Friday, June 8, will be Give Back Day of Be the Change week, and it falls on World Oceans Day! It’s the perfect opportunity to volunteer to clear trash and plastic pollution from the East River shoreline in line with Goal 14 of the SDGs. Join us from 10 a.m.-12 p.m. on the East River Promenade at E 6th Street in Manhattan, where we’ll donate our time to our environment and community, plus it’s a chance to meet new colleagues and have fun! The weather looks pleasant and warm.
Wear/bring with you:
- Sturdy, closed-toe shoes
- Refillable water bottle
- Clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
- From MTA 6 train – Astor Place
- Walk: 1.4 miles, 27 minutes per Google Maps
- Or, take M8 bus east from bus stop at E 8 St/Lafayette St. Get off at
Ave D/Loop (9 stops, 8 minute trip) and walk toward the East River Promenade, taking the pedestrian bridge at 10th Street over the FDR Highway.
- From MTA F/M/J/Z trains – Delancey/Essex Streets
- Walk: 1.1 miles, 20 minutes
- Or, take M9 bus north from bus stop at Essex St/Delancey St. Get off at Av C/E 5 St (5 stops, 7 minutes). Walk toward the East River Promenade, taking the pedestrian bridge at 6th Street over the FDR Highway.
- Take Citibike!
- Citibike stations can be found nearby at Avenue D and 3rd/6th/8th Streets.
Please register your interest and address any questions to Ariel Alexovich of DPI, email@example.com.
See you there!