Informal High-Level Event on promoting the early entry into force of the Paris Agreement on climate change
22 April, UN Headquarters in New York
In the lead-up to the Signature Ceremony, many countries have announced their intention to ratify the Paris Agreement on the 22nd, or during 2016. Many more countries have signaled their support for the Paris Agreement’s early entry into force and for its full implementation.
This informal event is being co-convened by several countries to celebrate the leadership of those countries who join the agreement during the Signature Ceremony, and to provide an opportunity for other countries to commit to announce that they will be taking the necessary steps to join the agreement as soon as possible.
• Hilde Heine, President of the Republic of the Marshall Islands
• Tommy Remengesau, President of the Republic of Palau
• Keith Mitchell, President of Grenada
• Josaia Voreqe Bainimarama, Prime Minister of Fiji
• Abdoulaye Diop, Foreign Minister of Mali
• Catherine McKenna, Minister of Environment and Climate Change of Canada
• Thoriq Ibrahim, Minister of Environment & Energy of the Republic of the Maldives
• Vidar Helgesen, Minister of Climate and Environment of Norway
What: Event to promote the swift acceptance of the Paris Agreement to ensure that it enters into force as soon as possible.
For more information on the event, please visit: https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/climatechange/
When: Friday 22 April, 2:30 p.m. EDT
Where: Conference Room 4, UN Headquarters, New York or live through http://webtv.un.org
UN Department of Public Information
Dan Shepard, T: +1(212) 963-9495 | E: email@example.com