The Libyan Political Dialogue Forum members cast their votes this morning for the four lists of candidates for the three-member Presidency Council and Prime Minister positions, which were submitted yesterday and met the required endorsements stipulated in the selection mechanism.
The selection mechanism stipulated that a list of candidates must receive 60% of the valid votes to be successful in the first round. As none of the lists reached this threshold in the first round, a second round will be held to vote on the two lists which obtain the highest number of votes in the first round. The threshold for the second round is 50% + 1 of the valid votes.
The two lists of candidates who received the highest number of votes are as follows (ordered by the highest number of votes):
· Aqila Saleh Qwaider (President of the Presidency Council);
· Osama Abdul Salam Juwaili (Member of the Presidency Council);
· Abdul Majeed Ghaith Seif Al-Nasr (Member of the Presidency Council);
· Fathi Ali Abdul Salam Bashagha (Prime Minister)
· Mohammad Younes Menfi (President of the Presidency Council);
· Mossa Al-Koni (Member of the Presidency Council);
· Abdullah Hussein Al-Lafi (Member of the Presidency Council);
· Abdul Hamid Mohammed Dbeibah (Prime Minister)