I. Relevant Security Council resolutions / Committee Guidelines
- Security Council resolution 2206 (2015): paragraphs 6, 7 and 8.
- Committee Guidelines: Sections 5 and 6.
II. Who is entitled to submit listing requests?
Member States may at any time submit to the Committee listing requests for inclusion of individuals and entities on the 2206 Sanctions List.
III. What should be included in listing requests?
Member States are advised to submit names as soon as they gather the supporting evidence of actions that meet the designation criteria.
Listing requests must contain a detailed statement of case in support of the proposed listing and the specific criteria under which the names of individuals and/or entities are being proposed for designation, including:
- specific findings and reasoning demonstrating that the listing criteria are met;
- nature of the supporting evidence (e.g., reports of the Panel of Experts, intelligence, law enforcement, judicial, media, admissions by subject, etc.);
- supporting evidence or documents;
- details of any connection with a currently listed individual or entity.
To the extent possible, the following specific information should be provided to allow for the positive identification of the individual or entity concerned by competent authorities:
- For individuals: family name/surname, given names, other relevant names (in original and Latin script), date of birth, place of birth, nationality/citizenship, gender, aliases, employment/occupation, State(s) of residence, passport or travel document and national identification number, current and previous addresses, location, professional or functional title, website addresses, current location, bank account number(s) and any other information relevant to facilitate the application of the measures;
- For entities: name, registered name, short name(s)/acronyms, and other names (in original and Latin script) by which it is known or was formerly known, addresses, headquarters, branches/subsidiaries, affiliates, fronts, nature of business or activity, State(s) of main activity, leadership/management/corporate structure, registration (incorporation), tax, or other identification number, website addresses, bank account number(s), and any other information relevant to facilitate the application of the measures.
IV. How to make the listing request?
Please address the listing requests to:
The Chair of the Committee, Her Excellency Ms. Joanna Wronecka (Poland), through the Permanent Mission the Republic of Poland to the United Nations
With copies to:
- The Secretary of the Committee, Mr. David Biggs, Email address: SC-2206-Committee@un.org
V. Decision-making of the Committee
In accordance with Section 6 of Committee Guidelines, the Committee will consider all written listing requests. If a proposal for listing is not approved within the decision-making period (five working days) the Committee will inform the submitting State of the status of the request.
If the Committee approves a listing request, the Secretariat shall, after publication but within one week after a name is added to the List, notify the Permanent Mission of the country or countries where the individual or entity is believed to be located and, in the case of individuals, the country of which the person is a national (to the extent this information is known).