I. Relevant Security Council resolution / Committee Guidelines
- Security Council resolution 2140 (2014): paragraphs 17, 18 and 19 (b) and 19 (c).
- Security Council resolution 2216 (2015): paragraph 14, 18, 19 and 20 (c) and (d).
- Committee Guidelines: Section 5.
II. Who is entitled to submit listing requests?
Member States may at any time submit to the Committee listing requests for inclusion of individuals and entities on the 2140 Sanctions List.
III. What should be included in listing requests?
States are advised to submit names as soon as they gather the supporting evidence of actions that meet the designation criteria. When submitting names of entities, States are encouraged, if they deem it appropriate, to propose for listing at the same time the names of the individuals responsible for the decisions of the entity concerned.
Listing requests must contain a detailed statement of case in support of the proposed listing that forms the basis or justification for listing in accordance with the designation criteria, including:
- specific findings and reasoning demonstrating that the listing criteria are met;
- nature of the supporting evidence (e.g., reports of the Panel of Experts, intelligence, law enforcement, judicial, media, admissions by subject, etc.);
- supporting evidence or documents;
- details of any connection with a currently listed individual or entity.
To the extent possible, the following specific information should be provided to allow for the positive identification of the individual or entity concerned by competent authorities:
- For individuals: family name/surname, given names, other relevant names, date of birth, place of birth, nationality, gender, aliases, employment/occupation, residence, passport or travel document (including date and place of issue) and national identification number, current and previous addresses, website addresses, and current location;
- For entities: name, acronyms, address, headquarters, affiliates, fronts, nature of business or activity, leadership, tax or other identification numbers and other names by which it is known or was formerly known, and website addresses.
IV. How to make the listing request?
Please address the listing requests to:
- The Chair of the Committee, Her Excellency Ms. Inga Rhonda King (Saint Vincent and the Grenadines) through the Permanent Mission of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines to the United Nations
With copy to:
- The Secretary of the Committee, Ms. Sana Khan (SC-2140-Committee@un.org)
V. Decision-making of the Committee
In accordance with Section 5 of the Committee Guidelines, the Committee will consider expeditiously requests to update the list. If a proposal for listing is not approved within the decision-making period (five working days), the Committee will provide feedback to the submitting State on the status of the request.
If the Committee approves the listing proposal, the Secretariat shall, after publication but within one week after the listing of an individual, notify the Permanent Mission of the country or countries where the individual or entity is believed to be located and, in the case of individuals, the country of which the person is a national (to the extent this information is known).