I. Relevant Security Council resolutions and Committee Guidelines
- Security Council resolution 2048 (2012): paragraphs 6 and 7
- Committee Guidelines: paragraph 8
II. Who is entitled to submit listing requests?
Member States may at any time submit to the Committee listing requests for inclusion of individuals and entities on the 2048 Sanctions List.
III. What should be included in listing requests?
States are advised to submit names as soon as they gather the supporting evidence of actions that meet the listing criteria. When submitting names of entities, States are encouraged, if they deem it appropriate, to propose for listing at the same time the names of the individuals responsible for the decisions of the entity concerned.
Listing requests must contain a detailed statement of case in support of the proposed listing and the specific criteria under which the names of individuals and/or entities are being proposed for designation, including:
- specific findings and reasoning demonstrating that the listing criteria are met;
- nature of the supporting evidence (e.g., intelligence, law enforcement, judicial, media, admissions by subject, etc.);
- supporting evidence or documents;
- details of any connection with a currently listed individual or entity.
To the extent possible, the following specific information should be provided to allow for the positive identification of the individual or entity concerned by competent authorities:
- For individuals: family name/surname, given names, other relevant names, date of birth, place of birth, nationality/citizenship, gender, aliases, employment/occupation, residence, addresses, passport or travel document (including date and place of issue as well as expiration date) and national identification numbers, current and previous addresses, website addresses, and current location.
IV. How to make the listing request?
Please address the listing requests to:
- The Chair of the Committee, The Chair of the Committee, His Excellency Mr. Anatolio Ndong Mba (Equatorial Guinea) through the Permanent Mission of Equatorial Guinea to the United Nations
With copy to:
- The Secretary of the Committee, Mr. Manuel Bressan (Sc-2048-Committee@un.org)
V. Decision-making of the Committee
In accordance with section 5 of the Committee Guidelines, the Committee will consider all complete listing requests and consider them within five working days from the date of official transmittal of the request to Committee members.
If the Committee approves the listing request(s), the modification will be published in a United Nations Press Release and officially transmitted to all Member States through a Note Verbale from the Chair.