In accordance with Section 5 (g) of its Guidelines, the Security Council Committee established pursuant to resolution 1970 (2011) concerning Libya makes accessible a narrative summary of reasons for the listing for individuals and entities included in the sanctions list.
Listed pursuant to paragraphs 11 (b), 11 (c) and 11 (d) of resolution 2213 (2015); paragraph 11 of resolution 2362 (2017).
- Libya’s Attorney General’s Office has issued an arrest warrant against the person concerned accusing him of perpetrating a number of crimes.
- The person concerned carried out armed actions and attacks against oil installations located in the oil crescent region that caused its destruction, the latest of which was on 14 June 2018.
- The attacks on the crescent oil region resulted in many casualties among the inhabitants of the region and endangered the lives of civilians.
- The attacks intermittently halted Libyan oil exports from 2013 to 2018, which led to significant losses for the Libyan economy.
- The person concerned attempted to export oil illegally.
- The person concerned recruits foreign fighters for his repeated attacks against “oil crescent” region.
- The person concerned, through his actions, is working against the stability of Libya; and constitutes an obstacle in the way of the Libyan parties to resolve the political crisis and implement the United Nations Plan of Action.