I. Relevant Security Council resolutions / Committee Guidelines
Security Council resolution 1591 (2005): paragraph 3 (c)
Security Council resolution 2035 (2012): paragraph 3
Committee Guidelines: Sections 4 and 5
II. Who is entitled to submit listing requests?
Member States may at any time submit to the Committee listing requests for inclusion of individuals and entities on the 1591 Sanctions List.
III. What should be included in listing requests?
Listing requests must contain a detailed statement of case in support of the proposed listing and the specific criteria under which the names of individuals and/or entities are being proposed for designation, including:
- specific findings and reasoning demonstrating that the listing criteria are met;
- the nature of the supporting evidence (e.g., reports of the Panel of Experts, intelligence, law enforcement, judicial, media, admissions by subject, etc.);
- supporting evidence or documents;
- details of any connection with a currently listed individual or entity.
To the extent possible, the following specific information should be provided to allow for the positive identification of the individual or entity concerned by competent authorities:
- For individuals: family name/surname, given names, other relevant names, date of birth, place of birth, nationality/citizenship, gender, aliases, employment/occupation, residence, addresses, passport or travel document (including date and place of issue as well as expiration date) and national identification numbers, current and previous addresses, website addresses, and current location;
- For entities: name, acronyms, address, headquarters, subsidiaries, affiliates, fronts, nature of business or activity, leadership, tax or other identification numbers and other names by which it is known or was formerly known, and website addresses.
IV. How to make the listing request?
Please address the listing requests to:
The Chair of the Committee, His Excellency Mr. Sven Jürgenson (Estonia), through the Permanent Mission of the Republic of Estonia to the United Nations
With copy to:
- The Senior Secretary of the Committee, Mr. Davey McNab (email@example.com)
V. Decision-making of the Committee
In accordance with Section 4 of the Committee Guidelines, the Committee will consider all complete listing requests. If a proposal for listing is not approved within the decision-making period (five working days) the Committee will provide feedback to the submitting State on the status of the request.
If the Committee approves the listing request, the Secretariat shall, after publication but within one week after a name is added to the List, notify the Permanent Mission of the country or countries where the individual or entity is believed to be located and, in the case of individuals, the country of which the person is a citizen (to the extent this information is known).