- This fact sheet provides basic information on the travel ban and its exemptions.
- By the adoption of resolution 1390 (2002), the Security Council imposed a travel ban, reiterated in subsequent resolutions, including resolution 1989 (2011) adopted on 17 June 2011.
- The provisions of paragraph 1(b) of resolution 1989 (2011) mandate States to "prevent the entry into or the transit through their territorie
Security Council Committee pursuant to resolutions 1267 (1999) 1989 (2011) and 2253 (2015) concerning ISIL (Da'esh) Al-Qaida and associated individuals groups undertakings and entities
- This fact sheet provides basic information on the updating process of the Al-Qaida Sanctions List.
- For details on the listing and de-listing procedures, including the notification processes, please consult the fact sheets on listing and de-listing.
- The Committee strives to have a Al-Qaida Sanctions List as accurate and up-to-date as possible.