The Security Council Affairs Division (SCAD) assists the Security Council in carrying out its critical responsibilities.
SCAD also supports subsidiary bodies established by the Security Council, particularly sanctions Committees and working groups. A key part of this support comprises the establishment of Expert Groups and identification of suitable candidates to serve on these groups who assist Committees in overseeing sanctions regimes.
The nature of the work of sanctions Committees and working groups make it necessary for such Expert Groups to be established in a timely and efficient manner. To facilitate this process, SCAD seeks to identify candidates who possess the highest degree of integrity and professionalism, as well as demonstrable subject-matter expertise in one of the following areas:
- children and armed conflict
- conventional arms
- gender issues
- humanitarian affairs
- human rights
- international law
- judiciary (criminal/prosecution)
- law enforcement
- natural resources
- regional expertise
- weapons of mass destruction/non-proliferation (or relevant technical field)
Experts are required to have technical skills to assist the relevant Committees/working groups with:
- Analysis and monitoring of sanctions measures
- Investigate incidents of non-compliance
- Fact and information gathering
- Draft substantive reports on their findings
- Make recommendations to the respective committees
- Other tasks as required by Security Council resolutions specific to the respective Committees/working groups
If you have been invited to join the SCAD Roster of Experts, follow the Registration Instructions to create your profile. Please note that registration is by invitation only and unsolicited applications will not be considered.
Members of the Roster of Experts will be considered for assignments when they become available; however, acceptance to the Roster of Experts does not constitute any guarantee or offer of employment.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact us directly at email@example.com