In the Declaration of the High-level Meeting on the Rule of Law, Member States recognized the importance of strengthening justice and security institutions that are accessible and responsive to the needs and rights of all individuals and which build trust and promote social cohesion and economic prosperity
The SSR Unit in DPKO serves as the focal point and technical resource capacity on SSR for the United Nations system and national and international partners. In 2007, the Secretary-General established an Inter-Agency SSR Task Force and co-chaired by DPKO UNDP, with representation from 14 UN entities engaged in SSR.
Relevant Documents and Links
- Global Focal Point for Police, Justice, and Corrections
- UN Peacekeeping Rule of Law
- UN Peacekeeping security sector reform
- Securing States and societies: strengthening the United Nations comprehensive support to security sector reform (A/67/970–S/2013/480)
- Securing peace and development: the role of the United Nations in supporting security sector reform (A/62/659–S/2008/39)