- General Assembly
- Signature events
- Mandated Events
- Events FAQ
STRIVING FOR PEACE AND A DECENT LIFE FOR ALL ON A SUSTAINABLE PLANET
The President of the General Assembly, in cooperation with the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime and with the involvement of relevant stakeholders, will convene a high-level debate to mark the fifteenth anniversary of the adoption of the United Nations Convention against Corruption. The debate will be held on 23 May 2018 at 10:00 a.m. in the Trusteeship Council Chamber at United Nations Headquarters in New York.
To view the Programme click here
Wednesday, 23 May 2018, Trusteeship Council Chamber
|10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.||
• H.E. Mr. Miroslav Lajčák, President of the General Assembly;
• H.E. Mr. António Guterres, Secretary-General of the United Nations;
• USG Yury Fedotov, Executive-Director of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC).
|10.30 a.m. – 11.15 a.m.||High-level segment with interventions from Member States|
11.15 a.m. – 1.00 p.m.
Moderator: Mr. John Brandolino, Director of Division of Treaty Affairs of UNODC
Interactive multi-stakeholder panel discussion on “Fifteen years of UNCAC implementation: Trends, achievements and challenges”
• Ms. Laura Codruța Kövesi, Chief Prosecutor of the National Anti-Corruption Directorate of Romania;
• Mr. Akere MUNA, Member of the High-Level Panel on Illicit Financial Flows from Africa, Sanctions Commissioner, African Development Bank Group;
• Ms. GUO Xiaomei, Deputy Director-General of Department of Treaty and Law of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People’s Republic of China;
• Ms. Huguette Labello, Former Chair and current Individual Member, Member of the Advisory Council of Transparency International.
3.00 p.m. – 5:50 p.m.
Ms. Simone Monasebian, Director of UNODC New York Office
Interactive multi-stakeholder panel discussion on “Achieving peaceful and inclusive societies through preventing and combating corruption”
• Mr. Fernando Carrillo, Inspector-Attorney General of the Republic of Colombia;
• Ms. Laura Alonso, Secretary of Public Ethics, Transparency, and Fight Against Corruption of Argentina;
• Dr. Raffaele Piccirillo, Head of the Department for Justice Affairs, Ministry of Justice of Italy;
• Mr. J.C. Weliamuna, PC, Chairman of the Special Presidential Task Force on Recovery of State Assets of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka;
• Dr. Klaus Moosmayer, Chief Compliance Officer of Siemens AG and Head of the Global Siemens Compliance Organization.
|5:50 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.||Closing remarks by the President of the General Assembly.|