United Nations, 7 September 2017 — On 8 September 2017, the President of the UN General Assembly, H.E. Peter Thomson, will convene an informal meeting of the General Assembly focused on the status of SDG implementation.
At the outset of the 71st session of the General Assembly, the President of the General Assembly, H.E. Peter Thomson, pledged to dedicate the session to creating a push for momentum on implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals. He also pledged to report back to the Member States at the end of the session on progress made.
Therefore, on 8 September 2017, President Thomson, will convene an informal meeting of the General Assembly focused on the status of SDG implementation in general and the outcomes and conclusions of his strategy in particular.
WHAT Informal General Assembly Meeting on the status of SDG implementation
WHO H.E. Mr. Peter Thomson, President of 71st Session of the UN General Assembly
- H.E. Ms. Amina J. Mohammed, UN Deputy Secretary-General
- Ms. Jayathma Wickramanayake, UN Secretary-General’s Envoy on Youth
- Mr. Achim Steiner, UN Development Group Chair and UNDP Administrator (video-message)
- H.E. Mr. Macharia Kamau, Permanent Representative of Kenya to the United Nations, New York
- Mr. Mahmoud Mohieldin, Senior Vice President for the 2030 Development Agenda, United Nations Relations, and Partnerships, World Bank Group
- Mr. Thomas Gass, Assistant Secretary-General, UN DESA
- Ms. Charlotte Petri Gornitzka, Chair of the OECD’s Development Assistance Committee
- Mr. Tao Zhang, Deputy Managing Director, IMF
- Mr. Muhammed Musa, CEO of BRAC Bangladesh
- Ms. Abby Maxman, President and CEO of Oxfam America
WHEN Friday, 8 September; 10:00 am – 1:00 pm EDT; Press Briefing at 1:00 p.m. in the press briefing room (S-0237)
WHERE ECOSOC Chamber. The meeting is also available on webcast at: www.webtv.un.org
The meeting is open to media.
Additional information: http://bit.ly/2uZMFv8
Dan Thomas, Communications Director and Spokesperson of the President of the General Assembly, Tel: +1 917 225 1913 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more info, check out our website: www.un.org/pga/71 and follow the UN General Assembly President on Twitter @UN_PGA and Instagram UNPGA https://www.instagram.com/unpga/