Fifth Advisory Group of the Peacebuilding Fund
United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres appointed the members of the fifth Advisory Group of his Peacebuilding Fund in March 2018. The membership is gender-balanced and geographically diverse. The Advisory Group provides advice and oversight on the allocations, programming and policies of the Peacebuilding Fund. The Group provides important inputs and ideas on how financing can support and strengthen the efforts of the UN towards peacebuilding and sustaining peace.
The members are:
- Ambassador Anne Anderson (Ireland), former Ambassador to the United States;
- Ambassador Liberata Mulamula (Tanzania), Former Permanent Secretary at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Co-operation @LMulamula;
- Ambassador Gert Rosenthal (Guatemala), Former Minister of Foreign Affairs and Permanent Representative to the United Nations @rosenthal_gert;
- Ambassador Hanns Heinrich Schumacher (Germany), former Permanent Representative to the office of the UN in Geneva @HannsSchumacher;
- Mr. Johannes Oljelund (Sweden), Director-General for International Development Cooperation at the Ministry for Foreign Affairs @joljelund;
- Ms. Ilwad Elman (Somalia), Director of Programs & Development at the Elman Peace Centre @IlwadElman;
- Ms. Torunn Tryggestad (Norway), Deputy Director at the Peace Research Institute, Oslo @TLTryggestad;
- Ms. Mariska van Beijnum (The Netherlands), Head of the Clingendael Conflict Research Unit @mvanbeijnum;
- Mr. Stefan Dercon (United Kingdom), Professor of Economic Policy at the Blavatnik School of Government and the Economics Department, and a Fellow of Jesus College, Oxford;
- Mr. Shinichi Iida (Japan), Minister of Public Diplomacy and Media, Embassy of Japan in the United Kingdom.