Content & Web Editor
Posting Period: 8 March 2021 - 28 March 2021
In light of preparations for the 5th UN Conference on the Least Developed Countries (LDC5), UN-OHRLLS is seeking an individual contractor to develop and deliver the digital components of the preparations for the LDC5 conference, taking place in January, 2022.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Drafting and leading on the delivery of a content strategy for the LDC5 conference website and OHRLLS Office website.
- Daily upkeep and maintenance of the content of two websites under management of the Office.
- Ensuring a cohesive and ambitious Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) strategy is defined and deployed for the LDC5 and Office websites.
- Creating social media content for the conference, in line with the LDC5 communications strategy and branding guidelines. Coordinating translation of core website texts into the official languages of the United Nations.
- Managing the procurement and development of a conference app for LDC5.
- Managing the design process for programmatic reports and other materials as required, and, as appropriate, devising innovative ways to present these onlineManaging the closure of the old Office website in a consultative way and creating any back-ups or archives as necessary.
- Participating in discussions across OHRLLS, responding to user requests and feedback, providing solutions to problems in line with industry trends.
For full details and to apply, visit the UN's career portal: www.inspira.un.org On the Inspira Job Openings search tool select the following:
- Posting Title - [leave blank]
- Job ID - 151514
- Job Opening Type: Consultancies
- Find Jobs Posted Within - Last month
- Job Opening Type - Consultancies.
- Department/Office: Office of the High Representative for the Least Developed Countries, Landlocked Developing Countries and Small Island Developing States.
Evaluation Consultant: Sustainable Energy Project - Least Developed Countries (LDCs)
Application deadline 5 February 2021.
The United Nations Office of the High Representative for Least Developed Countries, Landlocked Developing Countries, and Small Island Developing States (UN-OHRLLS), is looking for an evaluation consultant to conduct an evaluation of the project “Strengthening Productive Capacity in Least Developed Countries (LDCs) through providing an enabling environment for investment in sustainable energy.” This project aimed to strengthen the national capacity of Least Developed Countries (LDCs) to enhance their access to sustainable energy, which would enhance their productive capacity, sustainable industrialization and socio-economic development.
For more information, please refer to Terms of Reference (ToR). All interested candidates are requested to submit a resume and brief cover letter indicating their interest and how they meet the qualifications identified in Section 11 of the ToR to Ms. Shifaana Thowfeequ at: thowfeequ[at]un.org by no later than 5 February 2021.