The United Nations, its agencies, and other international organizations provide financial support for the participation of representatives of LDCs in various international conferences. Some organizations support their participation through their regular budget while the others have established funds earmarked for the participation of LDCs.
The following is a list of some of the travel-related financial support available to official representatives of LDCs:
- Travel support to attend UN General Assembly meetings
- WTO: Travel support to participate in negotiations on fisheries subsidies at the WTO
- WTO: The China Programme funds the participation of LDC coordinators and delegations in meetings on Aid for Trade and in selected WTO meetings of priority to the LDCs, including the Director-General’s Consultative Framework Mechanism on Cotton.
- Travel Support to attend climate change meetings (UNFCCC)
- IPPC Secretariat
- Travel Support to attend meetings of the UN Convention Against Corruption’s Implementation Review Group
- Travel Support from Framework Convention on Tobacco Control
- ITU Fellowships to attend TDAG meetings
- Trust fund for participation in meetings of the Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer
- FAO/WHO Codex Alimentarius Commission
- International Criminal Court
- UN Secretariat: UN Open-ended Informal Consultative Process on Oceans and the Law of the Sea
- Travel support from UN-OHRLLS
- Travel support to attend Financing for Development Meetings (United Nations Department for Economic and Social Affairs): LDC-specific budget provisions are made for travel of representatives from LDCs to meetings of the Financing for Development (FfD) follow-up process and FfD Forum.
- Travel support is extended to LDC representatives to attend sessions of the United Nations Forum on Forests and its open-ended ad hoc expert groups and working groups.