Several WTO Agreements contain provisions on technical assistance to LDCs:
- General Agreement on Trade in Services:Technical assistance by WTO Secretariat in the Preparation & Application of GATS Measures (Art. XXV.2; Technical assistance by WTO Members in the Preparation & Application of GATS Measures; Technical Cooperation in the Preparation & Application of improving Telecommunications with Developed Countries
- The Agreement on Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures contains provisions on technical assistance by Members and the WTO Secretariat. LDCs have priority for technical assistance (article 9.1). The Standards and Trade Development Facility (STDF) has a target of dedicating at least 40% of total project financing allocated to LDCs or other low-income countries (OLICs). There is also a lower co-financing requirement for technical assistance. The minimum required contribution from LDCs and OLICS is 10%, as opposed to 20% for lower middle-income countries and 60% for upper middle-income countries (STDF Operational Rules).
- Technical cooperation to implement the Agreement on Trade-related Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPs)
- Legal advice and assistance in respect of dispute settlement to developing country Members, pursuant to Article 27.2 of the Dispute Settlement Understanding, with priority attention to LDCs.
- Technical Assistance by the WTO Secretariat under the Trade-Policy Review Mechanism.
- A Trade Facilitation Agreement Facility (TFAF) has been created to deliver support to LDCs and developing countries so that they may fully benefit from the TFA.
- LDCs are to be given priority in technical assistance under the Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade.
- (Under construction)