The Eurasian Customs Union, consisting of the Russian Federation, Kazakhstan and Belarus, has established an LDC-specific GSP scheme. The scheme entered into force on 1 January 2010 and covers 24 per cent of the tariff lines. In 2014, the Eurasian Customs Union was integrated into the Eurasian Economic Union and two new members joined in 2015: Kyrgyzstan and Armenia.
Utilization by LDCs:
In 2016, LDC imports in the Eurasian Customs Union (Russian Federation, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Kyrgyzstan and Armenia) accounted for US$1,476 million.
Available Smooth Transition Procedures:
There are no rules about Smooth Transition Procedures included in the scheme and recently graduated countries, such as Samoa who graduated from the list in 2014, are no longer included in the list of beneficiaries.
- WT/COMTD/N/42, Notification of Preferential Trade arrangement
- G/RO/N/84, Notification under Article 5 and Annex II:4 of the agreement on rules of origin
- G/RO/N/84/Corr. 1 Notification under Article 5 and Annex II:4 of the agreement on rules of origin
- Least-Developed countries – beneficiaries list, Website Eurasian Economic Union
- WITS Database
- ITC-International Trade Statistics