- Covid-19 and graduation from the LDC category – statement by the CDP, 12 May 2020
- LDCs Dialogue with United Nations Deputy Secretary-General on Covid-19 – statements (28 April 2020)
Articles, analysis, reports
- “Blended Finance in the Least Developed Countries 2020 – Supporting a Resilient COVID-19 Recovery”, UNCDF and OECD (December 2020)
- “The COVID-19 Crisis in LDCs” – Chapter I in the 2020 Edition of UNCTAD’s Least Developed Countries Report (December 2020)
- Health impact of COVID-19 on graduating LDCs – WTO and EIF (December 2020)
- Trade impact of COVID-19 on graduating LDCs – WTO and EIF (December 2020)
- ILO, “COVID-19: Tackling the Jobs Crisis in the Least Developed Countries”, November 2020
- UN ESCAP Policy Brief, “The Impact of COVID-19 on South-East Asia“, July 2020.
- Brendan Vickers and Salamat Ali (Commonwealth Secretariat), “Prioritising the Poor: LDCs and Trade in COVID-19-Related Medical Supplies”, Trade Hot Topics Issue 164, The Commonwealth. July 2020.
- Giovanni Valensisi, “COVID-19 and global poverty – Are LDCs being left behind?”, UNU-WIDER Working Paper 73/2020, June 2020
- WTO, “The Covid-19 Pandemic and Trade-Related Developments in LDCs – Information note“, 8 June 2020
- UN/DESA Policy Brief #71: COVID-19 pandemic deals a huge blow to the manufacturing exports from LDCs, 14 May 2020
- Brendan Vickers, Salamat Ali, Deanna Ramsay, “Covid-19 hitting tourism hard: What does this mean for the world’s poorest countries?“, Trade for Development News by EIF, 13 May 2020
- “Securing LDCs emergency access to essential medical and food products to combat the Covid-19 pandemic“, Communication by Chad on behalf of the LDC group at the WTO, 4 May 2020
- Paul Akiwumi and Giovanni Valensisi (UNCTAD), “When it rains it pours: COVID-19 exacerbates poverty risks in the poorest countries“, 4 May 2020
- UN/DESA Policy Brief #66: COVID-19 and the least developed countries, 1 May 2020
- Paul Akiwumi (UNCTAD), “Coronavirus Let’s not forget the world’s poorest countries“, 27 April 2020
- Debapriya Bhattacharya, Fareha Raida Islam, “The COVID-19 Scourge: How affected are the Least Developed Countries?“, OECD Development Matters, 23 April 2020
Debapriya Bhattacharya, Fareha Raida Islam, “Least Developed Countries Confronting COVID-19: Response and Resilience“.
- Opinion piece by Alpaslan Ozerdem, Dean of George Mason University’s Jimmy and Rosalynn Carter School for Peace and Conflict Resolution. Thomson Reuters Foundation News. 23 March 2020
- WTO Webinar on COVID-19 and LDC graduation, 8 December 2020
- EIF-WAIPA Webinar: COVID-19 implications on GVCs and investment opportunities for the LDCs, 21 July 2020
- EIF webinar series: Least developed country graduation & COVID-19, 28 May 2020
- UN COVID-19 Data Portal and Document Tracker – includes assessments of COVID-19 impacts in individual countries, including LDCs
- Confirmed cases of Covid-19 in LDCs over time. Infographics by EAPD/UNDESA based on WHO data.
- Information on Covid-19 and LDCs on the UNDESA website on LDCs, including data on testing.
- Impact of Covid-19 on LDCs, OHRLLS website.
- IMF Policy Tracker – Policy Responses to Covid-19
- ILO monitoring of country policy responses related to economy, employment, supporting enterprises, protecting workers and others.
- UNDP analysis on socio-economic impacts in Africa, including country-level analysis for Angola, Ethiopia, The Gambia, Madagascar, Mozambique, Uganda.
- Policy Responses to COVID-19 in Asia and the Pacific (UNESCAP) (includes information on Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Kiribati, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Nepal, Solomon Islands, Timor-Leste, Tuvalu, Vanuatu)
- What are LDCs doing in response to Covid-19?: A roundup of news on the global pandemic, covering issues facing some of the world’s poorest countries – and what they are doing. By EIF.
- What’s happening with Covid-19 in LDCs?: A compendium of news on the global pandemic and what some of the world’s poorest countries are doing. By EIF.
- Tech Access Partnership: A Covid-19 Technology Sharing Platform (hosted by the United Nations Technology Bank, working in partnership with UNDP, UNCTAD and WHO).
- UNCDF support for response to Covid-19 in LDCs
ePing contains information on regulations on product requirements (Sanitary or Phytosanitary Measures – SPS – or Technical Barriers to Trade – TBT). It can be used by Enquiry Points in LDCs to track and consult on SPS/TBT notifications, including those related to COVID-19
See also a compilation of articles and other resources by the members of the Committee for Development Policy (CDP) here.